Copenhagen International Fashion Fair will unveil an ambitious expansion of its innovative runway concept for the FW18-19 season taking place 31 Jan to 2 feb 2018
„The Fall/Winter 2018-19 fair will mark CIFF’s 50th edition and we feel there is no better way to mark the occasion than to reinforce our longstanding commitment to supporting and nurturing emerging talent. Young talents represent the lifeblood of our industry. They take risks, push boundaries and help move our industry forward. We’re thrilled therefore to be expanding our runway show concept and unveiling a series of exciting new services designed to help emerging brands express their vision in highly individualized presentations.„- Kristian W Andersen, Fashion and Design Director
A New Name
First introduced in February 2017 under the name CIFF SHOWSCENE, the highly curated runway concept originally conceived to offer emerging talent a cost-effective way to produce individual runway shows (the only showcene during Copenhagen Fashion Week that gathers multiple runway shows in one location), will be known going forward as CIFF RUNWAY. Previous runway shows have included; Martin Asbjørn, Tonsure, Halo, Han Kjøbenhavn and Muf10 amongst others.
In addition to the current services which include: Production infrastructure required to produce a runway show including sound, lighting and technical support. Fully furnished backstage area including clothing racks, mirrors, tables, chairs, hair and makeup stations, professional steamer, iron with board, backstage area equipped with an intercom system connected to FOH and a video monitor showing the runway, seating and assisting in securing hair & makeup team sponsorship if needed. CIFF RUNWAY will now also offer:
- Multiple runways to enable designers to create complex universes;
- Extensive setup services;
- Enhanced press and VIP lounges;
- Complimentary upload of all runway images, lookbooks and press material on a specially designated press page on CIFF’s website;
- CIFF and its international and global press office will co-host dinners and or press events with the individual brands that are accepted/approved for the runway (support) programme;
- International press days in Paris – London – LA in advance of the shows for qualified brands.
- An international panel of key industry personalities will work closely with CIFF’s creative director to review applicants.